Social Media & Creative Strategist
Hi I'm Moira!
I combine my near 10 years of digital marketing and social media experience with my passion for supporting small creators and businesses.
I spend my 9-5 developing and executing strategy around GBTA’s digital presence, social media, podcasts, and more. My 5-9 on the other hand is dedicated to putting my experience to work in helping SMEs and small to medium size influencers level up their business and marketing strategies.
Case Study Title #1: Link to Blog Post
Freelance Services (with full width photo background)
Ready to explore social and creative together?
Digital Media Specialist Global Business Travel Association
April 2022 – Current
- Establish OKRs and provide weekly KPI updates to executive leadership team
- Build social media strategy for whole company across 20+ social media platforms and produced 50+ pieces of content each week by working across teams
- Monitor project timelines, performance, and offered strategy recommendations for 15+ annual events of varying size and scope
- Manage new strategy for Business of Travel Podcast and handled weekly recording, release, and marketing of each episode
Marketing Specialist Global Business Travel Association
July 2012 – Current
- Designed and executed marketing strategy for Canada region and Professional Development department across various channels leading to record registration numbers and over 30% buyer attendance at events
- Reported on and analyzed effectiveness of campaigns and supplied creative solutions to boost event attendance, and worked across multiple teams to create assets
- Monitor company KPIs, track progress, and offered strategic recommendations for future growth and improvement
- Built the first company-wide project management system for events in Airtable, liaising with all teams to ensure a simple and functional execution for all stakeholders. Ultimately increased company efficiency and saved over $5,000 per year by replacing other software tools
Owner Explorer Media Co, LLC
May 2019 – March 2023
- Directed agency operations, developed business strategy, oversaw budget management, and nurtured client relationships.
- Executed internal and client marketing campaigns to drive traffic, engagement, and conversions across multiple channels
- Identified client needs through consultation calls and use insights and industry expertise to develop strategies that address their marketing goals
Produced social media strategy and editorial calendar, created content and provided community management across various platforms
- Achieved a consistent 8.25% increase in social media impressions, delivering positive 90-day results for clients
- Sent email marketing campaigns with an average open rate of 39.7% and click-through rate of 13.7%
Marketing Assistant Coastal Living Real Estate Group
October 2017 – July 2019
- Supported the broker-led marketing efforts by assisting with developing and implementing marketing campaigns and creating marketing materials.
- Controlled social media strategy and content schedule, including spearheading the launch of the Instagram account, growing the account to 450 followers
- Implemented email marketing campaigns with segmentation and A/B testing, reaching 26% open rates and 4% click-through rates
- Maintained and updated WordPress and Squarespace-based websites
- Built a system for managing customer profiles and payment information for nearly 200 tenants across 50 vacation rental homes
Social Media: Meta Business Suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud Sprout Social, Hootsuite
Digital Marketing: Salesforce Pardot
Web Design: Search Engine Optimization, Copywriting, Google Analytics
Project Management: Airtable, Kanban
Data Management: Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
Social Media Marketing eCornell
- Social Listening and Community Management
- Measuring Social Media Marketing Success
Digital Marketing 360 eCornell
Bachelor of Science, Marketing Kean University
- Dean’s List
- Mu Kappa Tau Honors Society
- Lambda Alpha Sigma Honors Society
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society